Finding the best income rates with our annuity calculator
Our annuity calculator, launched in partnership with Just Retirement Solutions, makes it easy to compare and buy annuities from 10 leading providers comprising a majority of the UK market.* It is important to shop around and compare rates between different providers before taking action, because an annuity gives you a rate of income that usually remains the same for the rest of your retirement and once you have made a purchase you cannot change your mind (although this is expected to change from April 2017).
Why use an annuity planner?
When it comes to taking an income in retirement, if you choose to buy an annuity there is no obligation to stay with your current pension provider. For this reason, many savers choose to use an online calculator to compare rates between different annuity providers before making a purchase. With annuity calculators like ours you can:
- Enter all of your personal information, including details of your health conditions and pension savings, to receive personalised annuity quotes.
- Specify your plans for taking tax-free cash and see how this could affect your level of income in retirement.
- Choose from a number of extra features and benefits, for example if you would prefer an income that rises with inflation.
- Compare and apply for quotes from 10 annuity providers comprising a majority of the UK market.
- Purchase an annuity in just a few clicks (if you have already explored your options and sought either impartial guidance or regulated financial advice).
Get an annuity quote
Download one of our free pension guides
The decision to access your pension is an important one and will affect your income and possibly your standard of living for years to come. Therefore we recommend that before any decision is made you receive regulated financial advice or get free guidance from Pension Wise. Find out more about Pension Wise.
*This is a restricted service and not a whole of market solution. You may be able to find a better rate by looking elsewhere or contacting providers directly. Just Retirement Solutions will use your information to provide the annuity comparison service to you for the purpose of obtaining quotes from annuity providers.