Patel is a Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager and is also a member of Blackrock’s Institutional Index Equity Team. His service with the firm dates back to 2006, including his years with Barclays Global Investors (BGI), which merged with BlackRock in 2009.At BGO, he served in the Institutional Index Equity team as a senior portfolio manager where he was responsible for overseeing all strategic client portfolios.He was a portfolio manager in the Quantitative Management Group at Northern Trust Global Investments, prior to joining BGI where he managed a broad range of portfolios including indexed fixed income, global enhanced equity and global index equity. He joined NTGI in 2003 following its acquisition of Deutsche Asset Management's Quant and Index business. He joined Deutsche Asset Management in 1997. During his time at Deutsche Asset Management, he initially served as a Fund Manager’s assistant for UK Active Equity prior to transitioning to the Quantitative Investment Group where he served as a Portfolio Manager and Transition Manager. Patel is an Affiliate of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Nimish Patel has 6 years experience of managing mutual funds in this sector. Over this period the average monthly return relative to the benchmark index has been +0.01%.
During the worst period of relative performance (from October 2009 - November 2011) there was a decline of 4% relative to the index. The worst absolute loss has been 36%. Statistically, we estimate the probability that this fund manager is adding value, rather than being lucky, is 60%.
|Periods of worst performance
(June 2008 - February 2009)
(October 2009 - November 2011)