The Bestinvest Online Investment Service comes with many features and benefits that are outlined below. We have been helping self-directed investors achieve their investment goals for more than 25 years and this commitment continues unabated. We are proud to have been recognised by winning a number of awards for the innovative nature of our online service, backed by highly knowledgeable and friendly staff.
From the 1 March 2014 there is a new tariff for investors using the Online Investment Service.
Our broad range of online tools and account features makes the Online Investment Service (OIS) the perfect option for any self-direct investor. From investment decisions to the maintenance of your portfolio, Bestinvest will make sure you are receiving the information and support you need.
A QUALITY SERVICE
- An extensive range of thousands of funds plus investment trusts, ETFs and UK-listed shares
- All custodian services related to your assets, including where appropriate tax credit collection and operation of tax efficient accounts
- Access to all investment account types: ISAs, Junior ISAs, SIPPs and General Investment Accounts
- Access to a UK based, friendly and knowledgeable team of investment professionals six days a week
- A secure online account to monitor and analyse your investments
- Functionality to invest online both as a lump sum and as a regular savings instruction
- The option to view grouped family accounts from a single login
- Market leading research tools covering investment risk, cost, quality and overall asset allocation
- Fund and share research including investment trusts
- An extensive range of investment related guides covering topics as diverse as investing for income to how to build a successful investment portfolio
- Unique access to fund manager interviews via Bestinvest TV
- Management and communication of elective corporate actions
- An extensive programme of investment related communications
- The processing of dividends and fund distributions
- The holding of assets on your behalf within a secure, paperless environment
- Access to some of the lowest cost funds available on the market
- No upfront charges on 99% of funds available to invest in (often saving up to 5.5%)
- No fixed minimum annual account fees
- Transparent, fair and highly competitive low annual fee for holding investments
- All investment types treated in the same fair and transparent way
- Free transfer of external investments and we will pay up to £500 to cover the cost of any exit penalties levied by your existing provider
- Low cost UK share dealing service
- No inactivity fees
NEW PRICING FROM 1 MARCH 2014: A TIERED SERVICE FEE FOR ALL INVESTMENT TYPES (ISA, JUNIOR ISA & GENERAL INVESTMENT ACCOUNTS)
||Tiered Fee (per account)
The tariff offers great value for clients just starting to invest through to those who have built up a sizeable investment portfolio. There are no fixed annual account charges and the more you invest the lower the percentage based fee becomes for those additional assets. The service fee applies to all types of investments held on an account by account basis.
Importantly there are no fund dealing charges meaning even better value for investors.
NEW PRICING FROM 1 MARCH 2014: A TIERED SERVICE FEE FOR ALL INVESTMENT TYPES (SELF-INVESTED PERSONAL PENSION SCHEMES – SIPPS)
||Tiered Fee (per account)
We know from our years of experience that saving for retirement is one of the most critical personal financial challenges clients face. That’s why for the Best SIPP we have applied an even lower service fee to enable clients to get the best possible outcome from their retirement savings. The service fee applies to all types of investments held on an account by account basis.
In addition there are no set up fees for opening a SIPP, offering exceptional value for retirement investing.*
*Charges do apply for drawdown and other retirement planning services. More information on the new charging structure can be found in the ‘Key facts about our services and costs – Non-advised clients’ document, available on our website.
NEW PRICING FROM 1 MARCH 2014: HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SHARE DEALING
||Charge per deal
|Purchasing UK listed shares online**
||£7.50 per trade irrespective of size and frequency
||As per the table above
With no inactivity fees, a flat rate dealing charge irrespective of the size and frequency of your trades and access to all UK-listed shares, we believe this represents market-leading value.
Please note in addition to our own charges the Government charges a Stamp Duty Reserve Tax of 0.5% on the purchase of UK listed shares as well as a £1.00 PTM (Panel on Takeovers & Mergers) levy on all UK share deals
**Telephone orders are priced at £75.00 per deal over £10,000.