AXA Rosenberg European Z

Uses quantitative methods to target consistent outperformance over its benchmark.

  • 246.60p Price (Inc)
  • - Price (Acc)
  • 0.00% Initial charge
  • 0.75% Annual management charge
  • 0.95% Ongoing charges
  • 2.50% Yield

Prices as at 09 December 2019

The aim of the Fund is to achieve medium to long term capital growth above that of the MSCI Europe ex-UK Index on a rolling three to five year basis. From December 2002 this fund has been managed by Rosenberg Equities, who use systematic models with the aim of generating consistent above average returns.

Fund summary

Sector Europe Excluding UK
Structure OEIC
Launched February, 1983
Size £17m
Yield 2.50%
Charging basis
Dividends paid Acc units only

Charges

Standard initial charge 0.00%
Initial charge via Bestinvest 0.00%
Additional bid/offer spread 0.00%
Annual management charge 0.75%
Ongoing charges figure 0.95%

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Investment process

Manager research

Average monthly relative returns

  • 14/15 -0.07%
  • 15/16 0.14%
  • 16/17 -0.22%
  • 17/18 -0.54%
  • 18/19 -0.26%

Bestinvest MRI

  • 3 years -0.34%
  • 5 years -0.19%
  • Career -0.02%
  • 3 years 0.40%
  • 5 years 7.80%
  • Career 75.80%

Performance figures are based on the average of monthly percentage returns relative to the benchmark index.

AXA Rosenberg Team

In 1999 a strategic alliance was formed with AXA Investment Managers and the Rosenberg Group became AXA Rosenberg. AXA owns 75% of the economic interest of AXA Rosenberg and the remaining 25% is owned by Rosenberg Partners. Launched in 1985 by Barr Rosenberg, Rosenberg has a global presence (San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Kong Kong and Singapore) and more than £29 billion of assets under management. The European equity team consists of 13 portfolio managers including Agustin Sevilla (CIO Europe). The Barr Rosenberg Research Centre in Orinda, California, is made up by 20 professionals. Their job is to continually investigate the fundamental drivers of equity returns.

Track record

Axa Rosenberg Team has 26.8 years experience of managing mutual funds in this sector. Over this period the average monthly return relative to the benchmark index has been -0.02%. During the worst period of relative performance (from April 2006 - August 2019) there was a decline of 30% relative to the index. The worst absolute loss has been 46%.

Periods of worst performance

Absolute -46.00% (May 2007 - February 2009)
Relative -30.00% (April 2006 - August 2019)

About the MRI

Our unique indicator: the Bestinvest Manager Record Index (MRI) measures the likelihood that the fund manager is adding value through their decisions. It is based on their performance record over the course of their career, adjusted for the amount of risk taken. MRI is an important contributor to our fund rating system but it is also vital to take account of qualitative factors. It is also very important to select funds to form a cohesive portfolio with an appropriate overall risk level.

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Top 10 holdings

Data accurate as at 30 August 2019

6.1% Nestle Sa
4.1% Roche Hldg Ag
2.5% Unilever Nv
2.4% Allianz Se
2.4% Novo-Nordisk As
2.4% Sap Se
2.1% L`Oreal
2% Danone
1.9% Enel Spa
1.9% Zurich Insurance Group
Source: Trustnet

Sector breakdown

Industrials 21.00%
Consumer Goods 20.00%
Financials 19.00%
Health Care 12.00%
Technology 7.00%
Consumer Services 6.00%
Others 4.00%
Oil & Gas 4.00%
Basic Materials 4.00%
Utilities 3.00%

Key Investor Information

Download