Goldman Sachs Global High Yield Portfolio Hgd R GBP

Global exposure to high yield bond securities consisting mainly of USD denominated corporate debt.

  • 907.00p
    Price (Inc)

    These are the shares in the fund that pay out an income to clients. The income is made up of the total dividends – the money a company can pay out to its investors – from the companies in the fund.

  • -
    Price (Acc)

    These are the shares in the fund that don’t pay out an income to clients. Any dividends – the money a company can pay out to its investors – are reinvested into companies in the fund. Despite no income, the shares should be worth more over time. Good incentive, eh?

  • 0.00%

    Initial charge

    Some funds charge you when you first invest, which is aptly known as the initial charge. They’re usually between 3-5% but at Bestinvest, we usually don’t charge you a penny!

  • 0.60%
    Annual management charge

    This is how much the fund management company charges to run the fund. It’s like paying a babysitter, dog sitter or house sitter (that makes well-informed, heavily researched changes to improve your baby/dog/house when needed).

  • 0.85%
    Ongoing charges

    This stands for Ongoing Charges Figure. It’s the cost of running a fund and includes admin fees, manager fees, administration costs, etc.

  • 4.90%
    Yield

    How much the fund is currently paying out in income to investors. It’s NOT to be confused with the overall growth of a fund – a very different thing indeed. It’s also NOT a guarantee of future pay-outs, just a snapshot. This is more what it’s not than what it is…

Prices as at 19 January 2021

A Luxembourg registered SICAV seeking to maximise risk adjusted returns by investing primarily in USD denominated high yield fixed income securities issued by North American companies. The fund may also invest in non-USD denominated high yield bond securities issued by European companies, as well as emerging market debt. The reference benchmark for performance purposes is the Barclays US High Yield - 2% Issuer Cap. Currency exposure is hedged to GBP.

Fund summary

Sector Global Bonds
Structure OFFSHORE FUND
Launched December, 2012
Size £2,300m
Yield 4.90%
Charging basis Income
Dividends paid Dec

Charges

Standard initial charge 0.00%
Initial charge via Bestinvest 0.00%
Additional bid/offer spread 0.00%
Annual management charge 0.60%
Ongoing charges figure 0.85%

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Investment process

Whilst the mandate is run from New York, the portfolio management team will draw on Goldman Sach's global analyst resource. The investment approach is driven by both bottom-up security selection and an analysis of top-down macro economic risks. Both the issuer selection and portfolio construction decision making process emphasise qualitative over quantitatively analysis. The portfolio management team estimate that 80% of their added value in portfolio management is derived from a combination of issuer and security selection, while the remaining 20% of value added comes from our sector allocation decisions. Over 90% of the fund's exposure is to USD denominated high yield credits.

Manager research

Average monthly relative returns

  • 16/17 0.00%
  • 17/18 0.00%
  • 18/19 0.00%
  • 19/20 0.00%
  • 20/21 0.00%

Bestinvest MRI

  • 3 years 0.00%
  • 5 years 0.00%
  • Career 0.00%
  • 3 years 0.00%
  • 5 years 0.00%
  • Career 0.00%

Performance figures are based on the average of monthly percentage returns relative to the benchmark index.

Track record

Periods of worst performance

Absolute 0.00% ()
Relative 0.00% ()

About the MRI

Our unique indicator: the Bestinvest Manager Record Index (MRI) measures the likelihood that the fund manager is adding value through their decisions. It is based on their performance record over the course of their career, adjusted for the amount of risk taken. MRI is an important contributor to our fund rating system but it is also vital to take account of qualitative factors. It is also very important to select funds to form a cohesive portfolio with an appropriate overall risk level.

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Allocation

Proportion (%)

  • {{chartDataItem.text}}
    {{chartDataItem.value}}

Portfolio

exposure to 400 issuers and 650 issues.

Constraints

Relative to reference benchmark historical portfolio beta: 1, tracking error: 2%.

Key Investor Information

Download