In this webinar, hear Ian Dyall discuss the different methods of passing on your money to your adult children, the advantages and disadvantages, the treatment for tax purposes and how you can protect your assets from divorce or bankruptcy.
Ian is a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society, a Chartered Financial Adviser and a STEP Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP). In 2019, his exceptional efforts were recognised and he was awarded the ‘Outstanding Contribution to Estate Planning’ award at the City of London Wealth Management Awards.
Find out more about:
- The common reasons for making lifetime gifts
- The rules and taxation on financial gifts
- How to ensure that you don’t leave yourself financially vulnerable
- The different options available when making gifts
- The alternative to making financial gifts on your death
Key take outs from this event
Discover the options available to you when passing on your wealth and appreciate what considerations should be made when making these decisions.
The value of investments, and the income from them, may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
To view Zoom's privacy statement please click here
Associate DirectorFinancial Planning
Head of Estate PlanningFinancial Planning