The Evelyn Partners Investment Podcast: clouds gather over the global economy
In August’s episode of the Evelyn Partners Investment Podcast Cherry Reynard chats to Ben Seager-Scott, Head of Multi-asset Funds, about the recent interest-rate rises, persistent inflation and some grim economic news. Ben and Cherry also discuss how the energy crisis might affect Europe in the months ahead.
Published on 10 Aug 2022Last updated on 10 Aug 20221 minute read
Listen to the podcast now
The podcast is also available on all major podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. Simply search for “The Evelyn Partners Investment Podcast” or click the below links.
- Ben and Cherry discuss this month’s rate rises, which came in spite of increasingly weak economic data
- Cherry asks what an inevitable and prolonged recession could mean for the UK’s corporate sector
- Ben discusses what prompted the improved market sentiment
- Cherry looks to the eye of the storm: Europe and the growing energy crisis
- Ben explains why the economic picture is not as awful as it first appeared
- And finally, Cherry asks Ben about a potential boost for stock markets
How Bestinvest can help you
Our coaches are always on hand to discuss what’s happening in the markets, give your existing investment portfolio a health check and to talk through your goals and plans.
The value of an investment may go down as well as up and you may get back less than you originally invested.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance.