How will elections in 2024 impact your investments
Read about global markets and trends in this monthly Investment Outlook.
Published on 09 Feb 20241 minute read
This monthly commentary gives a roundup of global markets and trends.
In this edition:
- We consider how general elections globally could impact economies and stock markets
- Behind in the polls the UK Government may cuts taxes whilst Labour seek closer ties with the EU
- In European elections centre-right parties could make gains and be able influence decisions including restricting environmental policies
- A tight US election result could be disputed and further polarise a divided America impacting markets
- However, despite political uncertainty and geopolitical risk emanating from the Middle East, as well as China and the US, the backdrop for stocks still looks positive
The value of an investment may go down as well as up and you may get back less than you originally invested.
You may also like…