Frequently asked questions
How can I change my password?
If you are logged in:
- Navigate to the profile icon in the top right hand corner of your screen and select the 'Security details' link
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button next to your password
- Follow the instructions to make any changes
If you are logged out:
- Go to the login page
- Click on 'Forgot login details?'
- Enter your email address and client number
- Go to your email inbox and click the link in the email we send you
- Follow the steps to reset your password
I believe someone has access to my log in details, how can I block the account for a period of time?
If you believe someone has access to your account, the first thing you should do is call our Client relations team on 020 7189 9999.
We will then be able to block your account, meaning no activity will be able to continue. Once you feel that you are able to access your account again, you can contact us in the same way to unblock your account. We can also reset your details so you can set up a new password and PIN number.
I’ve forgotten my password or PIN number – what can I do?
If you are logged out and have forgotten your username, password or PIN:
- Go to the login page
- Click the 'Forgot login details?' link
- You will be asked to enter your email address and client number so we can send you a link to reset
- Click the link in the email and follow the steps to reset your password
What is my client ID and where can I find it?
There are two types of numbers you’ll have as a Bestinvest client.
Here’s what they’re for and how to find them.
This is your unique customer number, and relates to your account as a whole - you can use it when calling or emailing us to help us locate your account
To find your client number:
- Click on your profile and head to the Linked accounts section.
- On mobile, tap the menu in the top right-hand of the screen, tap Profile, then Linked accounts
- Click 'Show my client number' at the top of the page
- You can also find your client number on the email we sent when you opened your Bestinvest account, or on your most recent statement
Account (BI) number
A Bestinvest account number always begins with the letters 'BI' followed by a series of numbers
It is specific to each account you have so you will have a different BI number for each account - ISA, SIPP, Investment Account etc.
To find your BI number:
- Go to the Investments page then click on one of your accounts under 'My accounts'
- At the top of this page is the type of account you hold (Stocks and Shares ISA for example) and directly underneath is your Bestinvest account number (BI number) along with the first and last name of the account holder
- You can also find your BI number on the email we sent when you opened your Bestinvest account
If you still need help
Call us on 020 7189 2444 and we can help. We’re open 7.45am-6pm on weekdays and 9.30am-1.30pm on Saturdays.
What is my PIN number and what is it for?
Your PIN number is a unique number you choose when you create your account online.
Your PIN is part of our two-step log in process, and is used along with your username and password when you log into your account.
Security is really important to us. Having a two-step login process where we ask for your PIN means there's an extra layer of security in place to protect your account.
Why is my account locked and how can I unlock it?
Your account may be locked for a number of reasons. The most common reasons are that there have been too many incorrect login attempts or a block that you have requested yourself due to security concerns. The quickest way to resolve this is by calling our Client relations team on 020 7189 9999 who will take you through the security process and can unblock your account over the phone.